Thursday 9 June 2011

Cry me a River

      Yesterday was Wednesday Night Bike night with my Ladies, and we were headed to Mont-Royal for some serious hill climbs. Being a new-cyclist is always fun because when things go wrong, or get tricky you just aren't sure what to do next. Prime example was last night - Alex and I  couldn't fix the pump, we were out in the parking lot - bikes everywhere, already about 10 minutes late not sure if we are going to squeeze a bike ride in before the Storm and sure enough we can't even inflate our Tires! Luckily are shining Coach 'A' came to our rescue and able to identify and fix the problem in .3 seconds! Amazing workout - Hills are never to be under estimated in the A#%-ability.

Montreal was over 30 degrees yesterday, and sickly humid - So after making a mad dash to our Cars due to an insane Summer Storm, I returned home (a solid 30 minute drive) to discover the power was out in my House. Very scary and creepy, as I'm renting a house in the 'burbs and had a false alarm last week so I was super chicken.

Headed downtown to attempt a restful sleep - but at 30 degrees nothing is 'pleasant"! Up and at the gym for 6:45 for what should of been a killer work out, but my lack of sleep and weird sensation to "CRY" was truly putting a damper on my mood (and motivation to move).

Workout: Legs - Squat + Lunges (and Calves for good keeping!), with my Butt Blaster to top it off. It was also my favorite time of the week - BODY FAT TESTING! Yes - it is as fun as it sounds, a bit painful, but extremely important  to monitor my diet and exercise this close to the Contest.... Despite the bad sleep (which causes issues) we some serious improvements in the rest! My stomach is still my main issue/insecurity so I've got 3.5 week to figure out how to a) Reduce stress in my life b) Be happy with Me, where I am it, etc. c) Lose that stomach... 

Food: Post workout had a protein shake (with some Fruit woohoo) and necessary supplements! Good Ol' Chicken and Veggies a few hours later.... and after a good meeting and alignment on my new Work Project I headed to Atwater Market for my lovely Meet and Veggie dish outside near the water....

Today - I've been uncontrollably crying. I can't pinpoint why, what, or even how to stop and even made the emergency call to my Sister for support (something she says I do too often: Call when I'm sad not when I'm happy!) Then I had to make a made dash to a Colleagues office to finish off the round of tears - Only to discover my lovely friend of the month finally appeared (QUITE late, but better later then never). Over the past year I've been on the worst roller-coaster of my life and I finally thought it ended but a bad flair up this last week as set me off, and I am struggling to control it... and jump back on the track.

Part of the reason I decided to do this competition was to give myself space from my old life, and open options and new goals for the NEW DEANNA!

Today's Lesson (and Promise to self): Stop being miserable (identify what is making me sad, and change it). If you would of met me a year ago, I was a VERY VERY happy young lady, with a very independent life, and lots to look forward to ... Somewhere along the way I've lost touch with it, and 2011 is all about getting it back! I've decided today to only include people in my life that make me feel good about myself.

No gym this evening, taking a wee break! As tomorrow I've been promised a KILLLLLER workout at 6am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment